"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Monday, December 30, 2013

HIMYM

So... we jumped on the How I Met Your Mother bandwagon way late.  I'd heard it was a good show, but by the time I heard that, I'd missed several episodes/seasons (I'm not sure) and I hate that... starting in the middle.  We have cable while we're living in Ohio so we caught a few episodes and then got seasons 1 and 2 from the library.  Meanwhile, we've also been watching them (and DVRing them).  As of right now, we have about 20 episodes recorded waiting for us.  The problem with this... we're seeing the show in a crazy order.  Oh well, it literally makes me LOL.  And I'm totally loving Neil Patrick Harris in this...super impressed with his acting.

4 comments:

wendys said...

We have started it on netflix and are about the 4th episode in. I laugh, but I am not dying to see the next episode. Maybe I will love it more as it goes on

Alanna said...

We enjoyed it a lot, but I should warn you that it gets pretty lame by seasons 9 and 10. You get the feeling that the writers ran out of plotlines and just kept resurrecting the same ones over and over again (how many times can we have Ted be in love with Robin???).

But up until then it was a lot of fun. And Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious.

If you want what is almost a movie version of the show, watch "Liberal Arts." I really liked that movie...!

Erin said...

I am a NPH fan but haven't ever gotten into the show. I guess when you just catch random episodes in the middle of the season it has no appeal. But now that it is on netflix it is tempting, but just way too much to catch up on. Freak and Geeks was great on netfix and not long enough...

Angela said...

Oh how I love HIMYM!!! I watch it on netflix while I do dishes, fold laundry, nurse in the middle of the night etc. I've seen every episode multiple times and I still laugh out loud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...