"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Monday, July 08, 2013

Foreign To Do List

I'm beginning to think that I was too young, inexperienced, and whatever the opposite of well-read would be, to have enjoyed Europe as much as I should have.  Not that I didn't enjoy it, but there are so many more things I wish I had seen, done or eaten while I was over there.

I went did a study abroad program through BYU to London in the spring of 1999 focusing on Shakespeare and theatre.  While there I visited Scotland and on the way home I spent two weeks making my way through Spain, Switzerland and France. 

I just recently learned about macarons (not to be confused with macaroons) and now I've decided I need to start a list of stuff to do in Europe if I ever go back.  Here goes:


Eat macarons in France.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I got some macarons from a french bakery in New York this spring. They were on my bucket list as well! They were delicious and I am sure you could get some just as good in DC but if is an excuse to go to France then go for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...