"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sneaky Tasks

Does stuff sneak up on you that you've totally forgotten you are supposed to be busily working on?  I'm talking big things, not the realization that you have no idea when the last time you washed anyone's sheets was.  And not the item on your to do list that is always on your to do list. Jed reminded me a few weeks ago that his Sunday activity is supposed to be Family History and mine is supposed to be converting our family blog into Blurb books.  It's April and I'd completely forgotten.  I haven't even thought about start the 2012 Blurb book once 2012 ended. In almost 5 months I it hasn't once crossed my mind. 

Soccer season has started which means that when I thought I was busy before... yeah, I'm busier.  In fact, I've spent the last few weeks wondering how people keep their house clean while living life.  I realize that homeschooling changes the dynamics of our family and our busyness, but it's seriously been a struggle these past few weeks to fit in school and cleaning and various appointments and projects.  And yes, I should utilize the kids but they barely have time to do anything either.  I think we all need a good course on time management.

4 comments:

wendys said...

I do not know how you can take care of a baby and do school! Everyone keeps asking me what sewing projects I am working on but I have no time between kids, home, work, book clubs, etc.

Miss L said...

I'm embarrassed to confess all the things I've forgotten lately (like the birthday party that I thought was this weekend, somewhere in the back of my mind, but turns out that it was last weekend), but I'm trying to blame it on pregnancy brain. And while that's a good excuse, it really can only go so far.

Kristi said...

Sign me up. I need that course too.

Erin said...

My sister did her blog book on a super simple program and said it turned out nicely with no editing. I should find out the info because I will never have time for blurb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...